Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
1. The signing of the Booking Form signifies agreement with the Company’s terms of business.
2. Payment and cancellation policies..
a. A deposit of 50% is payable at the time of acceptance of the booking and is not refundable in the event of a cancellation by the client.
b. The balance becomes due one month before commencement of the course or cruise. If payment is not received by such time the Company may re-let the reservation and the client shall forfeit their right to the reservation.
c. If the Client cancels after the balance has been received, the balance will be refunded on the following scale:
Time before course start date Refund percentage Between 8 and 4 weeks 80% Between 4 and 2 weeks 40% Within two weeks 10%
d. If the Company is able to re-let the reservation, a 100% refund of the balance will be made.
3. Insurance: All clients must take out appropriate insurance cover in the event of cancellation, loss or medical and repatriation costs.
4. The Company reserves the right to alter or cancel its advertised schedule of courses and cruises should this prove necessary. If this is unacceptable to the client, a full refund of deposit and, if applicable, balance will be made. No responsibility is accepted for other costs, such as air fares.
5. The Company will not accept claims and shall not be liable for claims or expenses caused by delays, sickness, accidents, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other causes outside the control of the Company.
6. It is company policy not to allow on board any contraband, drugs or other illegal substances. If a client brings anything onto the vessel without prior consent from the skipper, they shall indemnify the Company, its employees, skippers and staff against any action that may result from a breach of this rule.
7. The minimum age for all practical Sailing and Motor Cruising courses is 16 years unless specifically agreed in writing with the school at the time of booking.
8. Proper completion of the medical declaration is in everyone’s interest: listed illnesses do not necessarily preclude the acceptance of an applicant.
9. For exam courses the boat is made available on a bare boat charter basis and the client is responsible for food, mooring fees and any breakages during the examination period. The boat must be returned to the Company in a good clean condition. A cleaning levy of 120 Euros may be charged should this condition not be met. The Client is responsible to the RYA for examination fees on RYA practical courses.
10. If you are dissatisfied with any part of your course, please inform your instructor as soon as possible so that it can be dealt with and resolved at the earliest opportunity. If the instructor cannot resolve the situation please contact the principal.
11. Age restrictions: Under 16-year olds only accepted on courses if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
12. No personal data will be used without prior consent except when registering RYA licenses directly with the RYA.
13. Covid 19: The safety of our clients and instructors is of upmost importance. Yachting Sotogrande has taken strict measures to clean and disinfect their training vessels and accessories in order to prevent possible contamination. However all clients acknowledge that the responsibly and protection against contracting the virus lies solely on themselves and can in no way hold the company liable.