Yachtmaster Coastal / Yachtmaster Offshore Preparation (Tidal)
Both the Yachtsmaster Coastal and the Yachtmaster Offshore are based on the same syllabus. The difference is the level of experience and mileage that the candidate has.
Both courses are aimed at those who wish to go on and take the RYA/MCA practical exam which is on the last day of the course. Please read below for the different pre-requisites to decide which course is for you.
For more information on how to book go to our book now page.
- Passage planning
- Preparation for sea
- Passage making and ability as skipper
- Yacht handling under power
- Yacht handling under sail
- Adverse weather conditions
- Emergency situations
- Cost: €880 + Exam Fees £181 – £210 payable to the RYA
- Duration: 4 days preparation plus 24/48 hrs examination time, starting Sunday 18.00 finishing Saturday 10.00
- Ratio: Maximum student/instructor ratio 5-1
- Course Material: All essential course material provided
- Coastal Skipper: Navigation to Coastal Skipper Shorebase standard, sailing to Coastal Skipper Practical standard, 30 days sea time (2 days as skipper), 800 miles, 12 night hours. Restricted Radio Operator’s Certificate. Valid First Aid certificate. Aged 17 or over.
- Yachtmaster Offshore: Navigation to Coastal Skipper Shorebase standard, 50 days sea time (5 days as skipper) 2500 miles, 5 passages over 60 miles, including 2 over night and 2 as skipper. Restricted Radio Operator’s Certificate. Valid First Aid certificate. Aged 18 or over.