Yachtmaster Coastal/Yachtmaster Offshore Preparation
Both the Yachtmaster Coastal and the Yachtmaster Offshore are based on the same syllabus. The difference is the level of experience and mileage that the candidate has. Both courses are aimed at those who wish to go on and take the RYA/MCA practical exam which is on the last day of the course.
For more information on how to book go to our book now page.
Please read below for the different pre-requisites.
- Passage planning
- Preparation for sea
- Passage making and ability as skipper
- Yacht handling
- Adverse weather conditions
- Emergency situations
- Cost 1400€ + Exam Fees £181- £210 to RYA
- Duration 5 days starting Saturday 10h00 finishing Wednesday pm
- Yachtmaster Coastal: Navigation to Coastal Skipper Shorebased standard, 30 days sea time (2 days as skipper). 800 miles, 12 night hours. Restricted Radio Operator’s Certificate. Valid First Aid certificate. Aged 18 or over.
- Yachtmaster Offshore: Navigation to Coastal Skipper Shorebased standard, 50 days sea time (5 days as skipper) 2500 miles, 5 passages over 60 miles, including 2 over night and 2 as skipper. Restricted Radio Operator’s Certificate. Valid First Aid certificate. Aged 18 or over.