Power Boat Level 2
This course is designed for those wishing to skipper powerboats under 10 meters and on successful completion entitles you to an ICC (International Certificate of Competence).
It is primarily a practical course but also covers the basics of navigation and safety awareness. The training can be done on our training boat in Puerto Sotogrande or if you have your own boat we will gladly come to you.
For more information on how to book go to our book now page
- Launching and recovery
- Safety and equipment
- Lines and fenders
- Fuel tanks
- Effects of current or tide
- High and low speed manoeuvring
- Propeller controls
- Securing to a buoy
- Anchoring leaving and coming alongside
- Man overboard
- Types of craft and engine
- Maintenance checks
- Weather forecasts
- Emergency action
- Cost €490
- Details 2 days – start Saturday morning, finish Sunday evening
- Pre-requesites There are no pre-requisites for this course
Minimum age: 12
12 to 16 year olds will receive a level 2 certificate which will be endorsed: “The holder should only use powered craft under the supervisions of a responsible adult”.