Coastal Skipper Practical (Tidal)
The aim of this course is to teach the skills and techniques required to skipper a cruising yacht safely on coastal and offshore passages by day and night.
Candidates should have considerable experience in both sailing and navigation and are usually aspiring towards a Certificate of Competence.
For more information on how to book go to our book now page.
- Passage Planning
- Preparation for Sea
- Passage Making and Ability as a Skipper
- Yacht Handling Under Power
- Yacht Handling Under Sail
- Adverse Weather Conditions
- Emergency Situations
- Cost: €880
- Duration: 5 days starting Sunday 18.00 finishing Friday 18.00
- Ratio: Maximum student/instructor ratio 5-1
- Course Material: All essential course material provided
- Navigation to coastal skipper Shore based standard, sailing to Day Skipper Practical standard, 15 days sea time (2 days as skipper) 300 miles, and 8 night hours